Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fear Not

At the beginning of the week my wonderful friend Brooke sent me a book in the mail. I met Brooke online on a message board for mommy's of babies with anencephaly. E-mailing back and forth with Brooke has been such a blessing for me. It is so good to talk to someone else who is going through the exact same thing. The book that she sent me is called I Will Carry You by Angie Smith. It is the story of Angie's daughter Audrey Caroline who was given a fatal prenatal diagnosis. It is a wonderful, inspiring book. Angie also has a blog called Bring The Rain if anyone would like to read her story. I was reading this book yesterday morning after my post on fear Tuesday evening. I came across a verse in the book that spoke directly to me.

Do not be anxious about anything,
but in everything, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving, present your request to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7
It's amazing how God sends us just what we need, right when we need it. :) It let me know that he is still here with us on this journey. And he will be there on the day we say hello and goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment